MHDC which stands for Missouri Housing Development Commission, has made some modifications to all loans reserved on March 2, 2015. MHDC has been a great option for first-time homebuyers for down-payment assistance and helps with some of the closing costs.
Prior to the new changes, the MHDC down-payment assistance program was offering 3.5% as CAL (Cash Assistance Loan). Below are some of the highlights of the MHDC down payment assistance program along with the new changes.
- MHDC offers up to 4.5% towards down-payment and closing costs for first-time homebuyers.
- MDHC has a limitation on income per household. This limit ensures that the assistance reaches those who need it most, typically lower-income individuals and families.
- There are maximum loan amounts per county. This ensures that the loan limits align with the average housing costs in each specific area.
- Homebuyers don’t have to be a first-time home buyer if buying in a targeted area or a qualified veteran.
- MHDC loans rates are set and only changed by MHDC itself.
- MHDC doesn’t have any restrictions for being inside or outside city limits. (This is a great alternative for USDA loans)
We invite you to reach out to one of our knowledgeable mortgage loan originators if you have any questions about this loan program. You can also find more information on our website.